What personal information do we collect, and how do we use it?
You provide us with your information directly when you register to use the Site. We will collect and process information that you send or submit through the Site. This includes information about you that you have provided us by filling in forms, or by communicating with us, whether by phone, e-mail or otherwise, and/or via content, posts, endorsements or private messages via the Site.
We process the following types of personal information:
- Contact details
- Identification information
- Information about past and current employment
- Education and qualifications
- Information about your lifestyle
We may use and process your personal information where necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- For user verification and operation of the Site
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or loss
- For research and statistical analysis
We may use and process your personal information where necessary for us to do so in relation to potential job opportunities at Harrods, which includes:
- considering you for a vacancy
- if you wish to apply, processing your job application;
- validating references that you provide as part of your job application;
- reviewing and assessing any necessary regulatory, industry and/or security authorities relevant to the position that you have applied for.
Where you have consented for us to do so, we may use your personal information for the following purposes.
- to become a user of the Site and in the generation of your profile;
- to contact you by email, post, SMS or other electronic means about opportunities and job alerts that you might be interested in;
- to send marketing and promotional materials to you on behalf of the Harrods Group;
- to be contacted by an external recruitment team, in relation to a job posting that you have expressed interest in or applied for;
You can withdraw your consent at any time by logging-in to your account on the Site and updating your preferences. Data processed via active consent will continue to receive marketing relative to the initial opt-in until we have received an opt-out request.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which includes our holding company and its subsidiary companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Harrods Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Harrods Ltd, our customers, or others.
Your personal information may be disclosed or transferred and/or stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) worldwide. It may also be processed by individuals operating outside of the EEA for the purposes of:
- providing the Harrods Alumni site to you, including:
- providing and operating the Harrods Alumni Site in accordance with the terms and conditions, and
- moderating the content of the Harrods Alumni site (including the content of all profiles, public posts, endorsements, and private messages);
- defending the Harrods Group against legal or regulatory claims or action;
- distributing and sending SMS, post and/or email marketing and promotional material to you on behalf of the Harrods Alumni (subject to you providing your separate consent for us to do so)
- complying with appropriate governmental and non-governmental regulators or ombudsman;\\
Where we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your personal data will be protected by us in the EEA. This can be done in several ways, for instance:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering a sufficient level of protection;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
- where the recipient is located in the US, they have adequate security control’s in line with industry standard and have signed up to a contract with ‘standard contractual clauses’
How can you find out what personal information we hold about you?
To learn more about your information held by us, including how to make changes to it, or request its deletion, you can (by law) make a data subject access request. To do so, email the Harrods Data Protection team at email@example.com.
Please note: we may need to exclude certain information from your request for the protection of other individuals’ privacy, or because we are permitted to exclude information for legal or other reasons.
If we specifically change the way in which we use your personal information, or if we need to notify you about a change to the information that we hold about you, we will specifically contact you.
To learn more about your information held by us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: we may need to exclude certain information from your request for the protection of other individuals’ privacy, or because we are permitted to exclude information for legal or other reasons.
If you are an EU citizen, you may also contact our representative by emailing EURepresentative.Harrods@twobirds.com, or by writing to: Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL, Avenue Louise 235, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium.